Happy Spring everyone! Okay, maybe we’re early… But we can’t wait for the sun to melt the heavy Minnesota snow and for the warm temperatures to bring some inspiration! Here is a small project that you can do in less than 10 minutes, for less than $5, using our free European map printable and an oak frame! Happy creating!
- Vintage European map printable
- Thin cardstock, in white or cream
- Picture frame
- Mod Podge optional
1. Print out the map printable. See our how-to doc for more information
2. Cut out the map you want. We chose the color map of Europe at the top left. We used a paper cutter to get exact cuts, but an Exacto knife or scissors will work just as well!
3. Cut out a blank piece of cardstock for matting. The dimensions should be about 2″ long by 2.75″ wide. When you put the matting in the frame, it should fit exactly.
4. Glue the map into the middle of the matting. We used an Elmer’s glue stick.
5. Optional. Cover the map with a thin layer of Mod Podge. We really mean thin! Too much can soak into the map and discolor it. Also be sure to prevent the map from warping. We used small weights at each corner to weigh it down while the Mod Podge coat dried.
You’re done! We used a sticky wax to adhere the map and mat to the back of the frame.
^ Shown above mocked up in our Traditional Roombox.
What do you think?
Do you like our quick and cheap map printable decor idea? What other types of printables would you like to see? Comment below!